Every Glam girl’s closet should have at least one animal print piece. Whether you’re the cheetah or tiger type, jungle patterns will add flair to your fashion without looking overly trendy. Now, for the love of leopard, follow these tips and get styling on those stripes and spots this season!
1. Mix animal print into your cocktail style attire. We promise it won’t look costume-y if you do it right. A wild print on a proper piece of clothing becomes toned down enough to wear to a fancier affair. Such pieces include classic pointed pumps, a sleek clutch, or a tailored coat. Choose one to accessorise a little black dress or a chic monochrome pantsuit and you can’t go wrong.
2. Utilise an animal print accessory to bring a touch of sass to an otherwise neutral ensemble. Think about the instant upgrade your basic tee and jeans outfit would get from a zebra print cap or a tiger tote. This effortlessly cool touch is the answer to take your basic daily wear from ordinary to extraordinary every time.
3. Allow animal print to bring out your wild side at the appropriate occasions. A night out on the town with friends calls for style with a statement making factor – and animal print does just that. Mix it into your outfit alongside another adventurous piece, like a graphic tee, a head turning pair of heels, a cool collar necklace…you get the picture. Keep in mind, though, while we love a bold look, looking looney is not the fashion statement we’re going for. To keep from going overboard, build your look off the animal print piece you’ll be wearing. Stick to like colours and an overarching theme.
4. Regard leopard as a neutral. This animal print is such a classic, that we rarely look twice when it’s incorporated alongside another pattern, like plaid or florals. Stick to similar colour tones though, and choose neutral colours for the other pieces of your ensemble.
5. Brave the animal print trend full-on. Skip the spotty accessories and instead go bold by coordinating zebra print separates or wearing a full on cheetah print dress. Just break it up with solid coloured details and subtle accessories and make sure the pieces aren’t too tight – animal print is sexy and wild without having to be hip hugging too.
By Katherine Fotinos. From Glam.com