Adorable sportswear inspired style without the call to actually workout? We can get used to this trend. Featured on the spring and summer 2013 runways of DKNY, Rag & Bone, Alexander Wang, and Proenza Schouler, top designers got physical with sporty chic looks. “Sporty and chic?”you ask unconvinced. The two have long seemed to be firmly planted on the opposite sides of style spectrum. And yet athletic aesthetic took the form of sophistication and luxury on the catwalk, inspiring us to get the innovative look. Think minimalistic and meticulously structured pieces in materials such as paneled body con, mesh, nylon, and neoprene. Some trend favorites: a racer back dress with an exposed zipper, leather or silk track shorts and joggers, mesh and silk blocked pullover sweatshirts–each begin with athletic elements and then take into consideration more dressed up influences.
1. Wildfox I Love Cropped Tank Top, available at Harrods for SDG83.73
2. Antonio Berardi Perforated Leather Skirt, available at Matchesfashion.com for SGD447.78
3. Neoprene Zip Sweat, available at Topshop for SGD88.79
4. Rebecca Minkoff Mika Perforated Leather Shorts, available at Rebeccaminkoff.com for SGD412.28
5. Jets Activate High Neck One Piece Contrast Panel Swimsuit, available at Mywardrobe.com for SGD373
6. Junya Watanabe Comme Des Garçons Sporty Panelled Dress, available at Farfetch.com for SGD635.67
7. Filles a Papa Mesh Baseball Top, available at Brownfashion.com for SGD204.27
8. Agent Ninetynine Leather Look Peak Baseball Cap, available at Generalpants.com for SGD31.65
9. Leather Coated Look Joggers, available at Topshop for SGD96.42
10. Mason by Michelle Mason Leather and Stretch-knit mini dress, available at Theoutnet.com for SGD285.46
By Katherine Fotinos. This post is from Glam.com. All prices are approximate.