When the clock strikes 12 midnight on 19 February in Singapore, Burberry Prorsum Womenswear’s models will begin strutting down the runway in London.
Wish you could be at the show getting first-hand viewing of the brand’s latest collection? Well, you can. Glam Asia and Clozette have been appointed as Burberry’s livestream partner and we’re inviting you to the show. If you’re in Singapore, all you have to do is to visit our livestream site on 19 February, 12mn, to be part of the runway audience.
The Burberry Prorsum A/W 2013 Digital Experience
Forward-looking, Burberry looks to digital platforms to engage with fans all over the world. Here are a few initiatives you can look forward to with the A/W 2013 showcase.
• You can purchase runway pieces through Burberry’s new Smart Personalisation service.
• Want to view the story behind each piece? On contact with a touch screen device, Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFID) embedded into personalised coats and bags from the collection will unlock a unique video experience, charting the product’s artisan production – including original sketches, runway edits, craftsmanship and personalisation
• Burberry will be using Twitter to create a personalised show experience for its 1.6 million followers. Hashtags you can look out for include #BEAUTYBOOTH (images taken by models backstage shared in real time) and #MADEFOR (personalised images that show the A/W13 bespoke engraved nameplate will be ‘made for’ followers who use #madefor the day after the show on Tuesday 19 February). Christopher Bailey has also taken over the Burberry Twitter account, sharing exclusive images in the lead up to the show.
• Follow Burberry on Instagram to see images from backstage, the red carpet and the runway shared in real time.
• Viewers on Facebook will be able to watch the show live and comment in real time
• Through Burberry.com, users will also be able to ‘love’ their favourite items from the A/W13 collection
• Video content will be available on the Burberry YouTube page immediately after the show