Top: Dramatic red lips a la this Tom Ford Beauty look.
Centre: Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer, Lancome “Ageless Minerale”
Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation, Dior “Style Liner” Intense Liquid Eyeliner.
Bottom: OPI Top Coat & Natural Nail Base Coat, Benefit “Stay Don’t Stray” Eye Primer,
Elizabeth Arden Crystal Clear Lip Gloss.
- Apply primer before you put on foundation as it will keep the foundation looking fresh and help conceal any facial flaws.
- Try mineral makeup. While many people opt to use regular liquid foundation, powder mineral foundation works very well for many skin types for a flawless look.
- Ditch the pencil eyeliner for a liquid eyeliner to achieve a sharper look. Practice makes perfect.
- Try a dramatic look: Pair red lips with dark, smoky eyes for a sleek evening look. Plump red lips are dramatic and leave a lingering impression.
- Don’t skimp on the manicure. Add a base- and top-coat to prevent the colours from fading and nails from chipping.
- The other thing that needs manicuring is your eyebrow. Yes, it’s a hassle but oh-so-important. An eyebrow should start over the tear duct and end right above the outer edge of the lashes.
- Prime your eyes. Before applying eye shadow, add a little bit of foundation or eye primer to the eye lid — this will keep the eye shadow from fading, smudging or creasing.
- Moisture your lips over lipstick. Beeswax lip balm will keep lips from sticking. Alternatively, apply a clear gloss.
- Keep your hair from getting limp from oil. Use a large, rectangle brush to help distribute the oils evenly.
- Do something new with your hair. Straight hair day after day can become boring. Braiding hair before bedtime can result in loose, bouncy waves in the morning. Or change your hair colour!